This week I attended a user group meeting in St. Louis (SLAMSUG) and had a great time covering some of the new features in Inventor 2009. I was a little worried that I wouldn't make it due to a long delay in Chicago but I was able to show up right before it started.
I was able to show many new enhancements in Inventor 2009.
- Sketch enhancements (constraints, trim/extend, text along arc and imported splines)
- New substitution for large assemblies
- Sheet metal enhancements (multi edge mitering, styles, corner overrides and large radius bends)
- Drawings enhancements (crop view, display interfering edges, COG, part list filter, sub/super script)
- Simulation (analyze spur gears, mobile groups and integration with studio)
- Studio (Depth of Field, soft shadows, video compositing and animate camera along path)
- Frame Generator (create custom profiles and new selection types)
This is just a quick list of what we covered in the two hour user group. I had a great time and as always received some great feedback for future enhancements.
There are user groups in many areas that often help Inventor users learn and share new ideas. If you don't presently attend a user group, I would encourage you to see if there is a local user group in your area and attend it from time to time to see whats out there.
Take a look at the various events in the Manufacturing Portal to see whats in your area.